If you’re struggling with posting videos on Instagram, this guide has you covered. Learn how to fix the “Video can’t be posted Instagram” issue with these easy-to-follow steps. From checking your internet connection to compressing your video and following Instagram’s video guidelines, we’ve got all the tips and tricks you need to get your videos posted on Instagram without any hassle.
Need help posting your video on Instagram? Learn practical ways to fix the issue and share your video content seamlessly on the platform.
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms that allow users to share their photos and videos with the world. It is an excellent platform for businesses and individuals to showcase their creativity and connect with their audience. However, sometimes users face issues while posting their videos on the platform. The most common issue users encounter is “Video can’t be posted on Instagram – How to fix?”.
If you’re facing this issue and don’t know what to do, don’t worry! In this article, we’ll guide you through practical ways to fix the “Video can’t be posted on Instagram” issue and help you seamlessly share your video content on the platform.
Check Your Internet Connection
- Connect to Wi-Fi: If using a mobile device, connect to a stable Wi-Fi network to ensure a good internet connection.
- Check Cellular Data: If you’re using cellular data, check if you have a strong signal and enough data allowance.
- Restart Router: If you’re using Wi-Fi and experiencing connectivity issues, try restarting your router.
Restart Your Device
- Power Off Your Device: Hold the power button and choose “Power off” or “Restart”.
- Wait for Some Time: Wait a few seconds and then turn your device back on.
- Turn It On: Once your device is back on, try posting your video on Instagram.
Update Instagram App
- Check for Updates: Go to the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) and check if an update is available for Instagram.
- Download and Install: If an update is available, install it on your device.
Clear Cache and Data of Instagram App
- Clear Cache: Go to your device’s settings, choose “Apps” or “Application Manager”, select Instagram, and choose “Clear Cache”.
- Clear Data: In the same menu, choose “Clear Data” to delete all app data, including login information and settings. Note that you must log back into Instagram after clearing the data.
Compress Your Video
- Use Third-Party Apps: There are several third-party apps available that can compress videos without losing quality, such as Video Compressor, Video Zip, and Video Dieter.
- Use Built-in Compressor: If you’re using an iPhone, you can use the built-in video compressor in the Photos app. Go to the video you want to compress, choose “Edit”, and then adjust the video quality slider to reduce the file size.
Check the Video Format and Length
- Video Format: Instagram supports MP4 and MOV video formats. Make sure your video is in one of these formats.
- Video Length: Instagram allows videos up to 60 seconds long. If your video is longer than this, you’ll need to trim it down.
Check Instagram Video Guidelines
- Video Size: Instagram recommends a maximum video resolution of 1080 pixels (width) x 1920 pixels (height).
- Aspect Ratio: Instagram supports aspect ratios between 1.91:1 and 4:5. The recommended aspect ratio is 9:16.
- Video Duration: Videos on Instagram can be up to 60 seconds long.
- Video Bitrate: Instagram recommends a video bitrate of 3,500 kbps.
Disable Third-Party Apps
- Revoke Access: If you’ve granted Instagram access to third-party apps or services, revoke access by going to your Instagram settings and choosing “Apps and Websites”.
- Disable: If you’re using third-party apps or services to post videos on Instagram, disable them and try posting directly from the Instagram app.
By following these steps, you should be able to fix the “Video can’t be posted on Instagram” issue and post your videos on the platform seamlessly.
5 Effective Ways to Fix the “Video can’t be posted Instagram” Issue:
- Check your internet connection.
- Restart your device.
- Update the Instagram app.
- Clear cache and data of the Instagram app.
- Compress your video.
Q. What does “Video can’t be posted on Instagram” mean?
A. It means that you cannot share your video content on Instagram due to some technical issue.
Q. Why can’t I post my video on Instagram?
A. There could be several reasons, such as poor internet connection, outdated apps, incompatible video format, and length.
Q. What should I do if my video can’t be posted on Instagram?
A. You can try the following ways to fix the issue:
- Check your internet connection
- Restart your device
- Update Instagram app
- Clear cache and data of the Instagram app
- Compress your video
Q. Can I post a long video on Instagram?
A. Yes, you can post a video up to 60 seconds long on Instagram.
Q. What is the maximum size of the video that can be posted on Instagram?
A. The maximum size of the video that can be posted on Instagram is 100MB.
In conclusion, the “Video Can’t Be Posted Instagram” issue can frustrate users who want to share their video content on the platform. However, following the tips mentioned in this article, you can quickly fix the issue and seamlessly post your videos on Instagram. Always check the video format, length, and size before posting and ensure your internet connection is stable. With these tips, you can make the most of Instagram and connect with your audience through engaging video content. video can’t be posted instagram, video can’t be posted instagram, video can’t be posted instagram, video can’t be posted instagram, video can’t be posted instagram.